A couple things Ben has said lately that I didn't want to forget.....
"Mommy, why do you have stripes on your belly?" I thought about telling him I am part tiger, but went with a more standard "Ask your father."
He is not historically a morning person which I will take full credit for. This morning however, was especially bad. I went into his room and to wake him and as I gently rubbed his back and whispered soothing words my little angel said to me "Hey! Get out of my damn room! I am sleeping!" Seriously. You can't make this stuff up.
Okay for this next one you need a little background. The man that baptized my husband is Pastor Bob Lynne. He is an institution at our church. He was one of the founding members and was a pastor there for I don't know how long. He was also Bishop for a while and has an entire wing of the church named after him. The long and short of this story, he is a BIG deal. Well, Pastor Lynne was lucky enough to be sitting next to Ben Gilbertson at the Demon basketball game the other night. I explained to him that Pastor Lynne was the man who baptized Daddy when he was a baby and knew him when he was growing up at our church. Ben looks him square in the face and says "You used to work at my daddy's church?" Luckily, it was really loud in there and Pastor Lynne didn't hear him. Of all people to ask! I said, "Oh, he just asked if you work at the church." Nice, Ben. Really nice.
1 comment:
Oh, Ben. Last week at church, Will called the choir director Nate's church boss! Ha!
Post a Comment