Thursday, July 30, 2009

Time

Every time I look at Ben I am reminded how quickly time passes and it makes me think about how slowly I thought time passed when I was a kid. I think about it even more when things like my ten year high school reunion creep up on me. It has now been almost ten years since I started college! I also met Mike almost nine years ago, which seems so strange to me. I was only 19 years old! Other noteable milestones that have crossed my mind recently:

- My sister and Nate have been married for 10 years next month!
- Mike and I have been together for 7 years this fall, and married 5 at the end of this year
- My brother will be 16 this year and I still remember the day he was born
- I have known my best friend Margaret since we were 5, so this year will be 24 years
- We have lived in this house for over three years and it feels like we just bought it
- Our nephew Kade turned 5 this summer and other nephew Will turned 4, I can't believe how quickly they are growing!

Before I know it, Ben is going to be graduating from college and Mike and I will be sitting on the couch calling each other "mother" and "dad" wondering if we have enough money to retire! That's why I always try to remind myself not to wish my life away and to try to enjoy every minute with Ben while he's small. There's a Darius Rucker song that I hear on the radio every once in a while on the radio called "It won't be like this for long" and the words always make me cry. Check out the video and you'll cry too.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Now you're going to make me cry. Time does go by too fast, Now I have that song, " Tiiiiiime, keeps flowing like a riverrrrr, to the seaaaaaaaa, til it's gooooonne foreverrrrr.... You get the idea, and now the song won't leave my head. Thanks a lot.