Thursday, July 2, 2009

Is it really July already??

So, um, I am not really sure what happened to June, but I would like at least a week of it back. The last month flew by so quickly! Largely in part to some big events. My sister had a healthy baby boy on June 18th! We are so happy to have a new nephew to love and another cousin for Ben. We are headed to Minneapolis today to meet him and visit other family. His name is Thomas Geoffrey. My mother's maiden name is Thomas and the baby's paternal grandfather is Jeffrey, so he's got a pretty cool family name. Check out my sister's blog for pics of the little guy.

The other exciting thing (Well, I think it's exciting) is that I finished my summer Administrative Ethics class. It was a whirlwind and a lot of work, but I am glad I took my advisors advice and got it done with. I actually really enjoyed the content and learned a few things, not that I wasn't ethical before, but you know what I mean. :)

Mike also finished up a semester of summer school and is enjoying a life of leisure at home. Well, not really, he does have to chase Ben around all day. And these days, you don't get even a moment to rest when Ben is involved. Other than that, it's just been sumer as usual. We finished up some good sized projects in our yard, which now looks great! I actually like going out there and cleaning up flower beds, watering, etc. I have also started saying things like "Oh, what beautiful perennials!" and "Those are gorgeous irises!" when we drive by other people's yards. It's sad and it makes me feel old. Such is life, I guess.

In other news, I (along with the rest of the free world) was shocked and saddened by Michael Jackson's passing last week. I will be the first to admit that he engaged in questionable behaviors with children in his lifetime and many of his comments were crazy at best, but he was such a gifted entertainer! I also believe he lived a very tragic life, right up until the end. In his honor, my favorite Michael song and video. Not a real original choice on my part, but it'll always be one of my favs and it's a classic.

1 comment:

Dan and Leigh said...

That's Dan's favorite MJ song too! Hope you are enjoying the 4th in the cities!!! Tell your boys hello from us:)