Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Tiny Little Christmas

It's been a long time since I posted and I have no excuses for my failures as a blogger. Except the usual: We've been busy! We had a really great holiday season and we packed in a lot in just a few short weeks. We started with Mike's birthday on December 17th, then went right into Christmas break, during which we celebrated Christmas with three families, New Year's and our anniversary. We like to do everything at once! We're lucky that Ben is such an easy going kid because he got hauled all over Bismarck for about a week to hang out with cousins and other family. Ben also got to meet some out of town friends that he has never met before, including my best friend Margaret, who almost cried when she saw him! He went to her right away and I think they bonded. He must sense that she is the one who sends all the gifts that keep him so fashionably dressed. He also met another good friend of mine from high school, Bridget and her beautiful little girl, Ruby. Ben and Ruby are only about two months apart and I think they hit it off. Well, Ben liked her anyway, he kissed her and she gave him sort of a weird look, but I think he's growing on her! We hope to set up another playdate when they visit North Dakota again. We also met Troy, our friend and Mike's old roommate out for coffee one afternoon. It was so much fun to see everyone! I wish it happened more than once a year.

Mike and I also celebrated our four year anniversary. I really can't believe it's been 4 years! We have done so much together in such a short amount of time. I am so blessed to share a life with such a wonderful man! Happy Birthday/Merry Christmas/Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary, Honey!
Here's hoping that 2009 is a great year.

No comments: