Friday, April 8, 2011

Her name is Fupa

Just a little status update on the pregnancy with Baby Gilbertson.  First of all, the actual pregnancy part is going very well.  I am feeling pretty good, measuring right on target and her heart rate is quite strong.  As of right now I am 35 weeks and counting.  There is a small problem, however.  I have no idea what we are going to name her.  Her big brother is CERTAIN that we are going to name her Fupa.  After the pink character on Yo Gabba Gabba, whose actual name is Foofa, but Ben can't pronounce it.  Even though this name has not made our short list, we all call her Fupa all the time.  Even the grandparents.  So here is my fear.  The day is going to come and we are not going to have a name for her, so she will end up being Fupa her whole life despite whatever we name her.  So, here are my name issues.  I would like to name her Lily, but I can't come up with a decent middle name to go with it.  I would like for her middle name to have some meaning.  Ben's middle name is Russell which is after Mike's dad.  My first name is after my dad, which I think is cool.  My sister was named for a song from one of my mom's all time favorite singers.  I think names that have some sort of meaning are cool.  I also think we need to pick a name from my side of the family since Ben was named after Mike's side. Perhaps you can see my conundrum. Too many requirements and nothing that really goes well with Lily.  Another name that I really like is Anna, but Mike and I just haven't been able to come to agreement on what name and what middle name.  For me I think my problem is that I never thought I would have a baby girl.  For Mike, I think it's that he is indecisive.  Those of you who have ever been out to eat with us will understand this.  He has a hard time committing to dinner, let alone what someone is going to be named for their entire life. So, if she comes out and all we can come up with is Fupa, please don't judge. 

3 comments:

Leah said...

Lily Rae. Done.

Dan and Leigh said...

I think this is a Mike's side name, but I thought it had a nice ring to it...Lily Jane (Mike's mom right?) Anyway, I'm sure I've earned some brownie points there:) Lily Faith, or how about Lily Leigh...I'm sure your sister would appreciate that too and myself, but I don't know why:) Are your bags packed? Svea was born at 36 weeks!

Jessica said...

Just looked back at this. Turns out you were right Leah Rae! :)