Friday, December 17, 2010

He doesn't look a day over 27

Today is my husband's birthday and for whatever reason it has me all teary-eyed. I assume it's because I am pregnant. I cried picking out his card after reading only two.  Usually it takes me at LEAST 8 cards before I get choked up. I just started thinking about his 27th birthday, which was 8 years ago already. We had just started dating and it was the frist time I met most of his family. I remember being so nervous and just hoping that they all liked me.  It seems like so long ago, but also just like yesterday. Then, I started reflecting on all the birthdays, holidays and vacations that we have shared and it just made me realize how truly lucky I am to have found someone who suits me so perfectly.  It's not only the good times we have shared, but the bad times as well.  I think that's when I really learned about the man I married.  From the first time we met, I knew there was something special about him.  So, I just want to say thank you.  Thank you for being who you are and loving me the way that I am.  Thank you for being a good father to our son and a support when I need it.  Thank you for always being there when I need you and thank you for sharing your life with me.  I love you, Mike Gilbertson.

No comments: