Thursday, October 21, 2010

Baby G: Take Two

So, many of you already know this, but some don't.  Mike and I found out in early September that we are expecting another baby!  Baby G The Second will make his/her debut in early to mid May.  We're not exactly sure of a due date, but we're thinking May 14th.  We had been trying since April to get pregnant and when it didn't happen for 4 months, I thought it might be a good idea for us to wait another year.  Mike agreed so we sort of put the idea out of our minds. Naturally, about a week later, SURPRISE!  You're pregnant! Which was fine with us, it was just a little unexpected.  We had Ben tell Mike's parents.  Our exact words to him were, tell your grandpa you are going to be a big brother.  Here's how it went down.  "Grandpa, guess what?  I am going to get a big brother!"  Not exactly, but they still figured it out and were pretty excited.  To tell my parents, we had Ben wear a shirt that said "I know something you don't know, I'm going to be a big brother!"  It was pretty funny to see everyone's reaction.  At least this time, my mom knew it was us and not Mike's brother who was pregnant.  So, we're very excited and very blessed.  I have been feeling really good, too, which is icing on the cake!  Just the normal symptoms of a little queasiness and being tired. A lot.  I am so grateful! Any bets on what this little one will be?  Boy or girl?  Ben thinks it's going to be a dinosaur.  But on the off chance that it's a Baby Girl, he wants to name her Fufa.  After the creepy pink character on Yo Gabba Gabba.  Awesome.

1 comment:

Dan and Leigh said...

yeah, yeah! Baby #2! I can't wait to hear more if you share on your blog about your pregnancy and baby:)