In between all the hustle and bustle that comes before Christmas, I sometimes need a reminder of why I love the holiday season. Last night, I got one of those reminders. We took Ben to see Santa and I experienced the true joy and magic of Christmas through his eyes. What I expected to see was a terrified little boy who I would have to bribe with candy. What I saw was a little boy truly overtaken with joy. I described it to my sister by saying that Ben reacted to Santa much like Buddy the Elf. He turned around and looked at me with this look on his face that said "I can't believe it's really him! Mom and Dad, do you know who that is?!?!" It was just a couple minutes but it was exactly what I needed to give me the energy to finish my Christmas preparations.
No comments:
Post a Comment