Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cruel or practical?

I have a lot of catching up to do since it's been over two months since I last blogged. But a very busy two months, so lots to think about. The thing that is on my mind this morning is that Ben finally did it. He liberated himself from the prison that is his crib. I knew this day would come and I have been dreading it. Luckily he landed feet first (we think) though he did give himself a bump on the head and a slight black eye. We have been brainstorming ideas of what to do next, because I feel like I am not ready for him to be in a bed yet, and I don't think he is either. Mike was pretty upset by the incident so he is ready to convert the crib to a bed immediately. My sister suggested a net, which brings me to my point. Is this cruel or just being safe?

I can't decide. I am also not sure how it would go over with Mr. Benjamin.... We might just go with a bed rail and spend many nights returning him to his bed.

4 comments:

Dan and Leigh said...

Our good friends have one as well.....practical and you would not be cruel:) I see your struggle though....is that kind of like what I feel like when I put my cat in the basement for the night.....ok, not really:)

Leah said...

I say just try it!

Kirsty said...

I read your sisters blog and know Mike, so I snoop on your blog sometimes, hope that's okay!

Just thought I would input on the tent. We were looking for one for our 2 1/2 year old for a toddler bed! He escapes all the time. And climbs out of the pack-n-play. I've read that kids actually feel safer in a closed in space. I say go for it. And if you find one for a toddler bed let me know!

Good luck.

Jessica said...

We lucked out and he has decided that the climb was a one time thing, for now anyway. Things are back to normal, but we did buy a toddler bed for when he's ready. Thanks for checking out our blog. :)