Friday, August 8, 2008

Our vacation and Ben updates



The last week has been busy for us, but in a good way. We spent 4 days with my family at East Silent Resort, near Pelican Rapids, MN. I didn't realize how much I needed a vacation until I actually got there! It was 4 days of complete fun and relaxation. We spent our days napping with Ben, sitting on the beach and cruising the lake on a pontoon. Ben wasn't crazy about his life jacket, but with a safety freak of a mom, there was no other option. He also got his first dip in the lake and wasn't very happy about it. In typical Ben fashion, he didn't get too worked up about it, but he wrinkled his nose enough to let us know that he didn't like it. He's such a laid back little guy. Speaking of Ben, he turned 6 months old this week. I can't believe it's been half a year since the day he was born. Everyone told me it would, but I still can't believe how fast it's all gone by. Turning 6 months old also means that he can no longer come to work with me. He had a cute little going away party at my office on Wednesday. Having him at work with me was such an amazing experience and gave me time with him that I could never get back. I couldn't be anymore thankful for the extra time that I was allowed with him. I have posted a couple pictures. One of Ben saying thank you to my co-workers for letting him be part of our office, and one of our family on the dock in front of Zorbaz at Little Pine Lake. We only ate there three times! What a great way to wrap up our summer!

No comments: